I thought I'd start a new meal series, for anyone interested in sharing! I was inspired by Alicia's unique Thanksgiving meal plan and intrigued to know what else you ladies serve your families for holiday meals. I'd love to know what you served on Thanksgiving (let's do this before Christmas in a few weeks, too!).
Our menu this Thanksgiving:
a 20lb. Turkey (one of my ovens broke and after 2 visits from the repair man, we determined it just needs to be replaced. We didn't have enough time to order a new oven, so I bought this large roaster to make Thanksgiving work. . .and it worked PERFECTLY! Best turkey ever. Really.)
a 15lb. Turducken (a gift to our family that was cooked at my brothers' house--a two fold gift!)
a Crockpot turkey breast (cooked by my brother)
Apple Sausage Stuffing (my husband's grandmother's recipe)
Rice Dressing (my mom's giblets and seasoning in white rice)
Cornbread Dressing (my mom's giblets and seasoning in cornbread)
Sage Dressing (cornbread and sage)
Broccoli and Cauliflower Casserole (OLD Southern Living recipe)
Green Beans (frozen green beans cooked all day with onions and beef broth)
Christmas Apples (though they probably should be named Holiday apples, since we do them for all holidays--apples + red hots + butter = mmmmmmm)
Cranberry Walnut Chutney from Fresh Market (we started buying this last year and we will never do a cylinder of cranberry sauce again)
Chopped Salad
French Bread
Bourbon Pound Cake
Pumpkin Pie
My sister's homemade cookies
*this is, admittedly, a lot of food but it feeds LOTS of people for a few days. . .no waste around here!

I'm in awe of the amount of dressings you made... It sounds delicious
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete